Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sandbanks at Low tide left of Burrum Heads


Sandbanks at Low tide, originally uploaded by Ladymaggic.
I saw that at Low tide, the sandbanks were not far from the mooring of the yacht I was staying on, so I decided to walk back across the sandbanks.
This is Burrum Heads from the sand banks as I walked back.
The time was 15.00 and the tide was receding. Low tide was at 17.15.
There were a few people yabbying for bait, and the sand was very soft and spongy underfoot. It took maybe 20 minutes to walk back from the edge of the sandbank back to Burrum Heads.
There are very few shells on the sand, and soldier crabs dived for cover as I walked past.


Low tide was at 5pm...I waited until the sandbank appeared as this was close to the yacht.




 

I get a ride in the dinghy to the sandbank and carrying my fishing rod, bag and laptop, I walk across the sandbank back to Burrum Heads.
The sand was very soft underfoot, and there were many tidal pools as the tide was still receding.
It was very hot in the afternoon sun.
The walk back took about 20 minutes...I waded through the many shallow tide pools.

There were very few shells on the sand, and hardly any weed in this area, but many tiny soldier crabs scuttled for cover as I disturbed them, and they immediately dug back into the soft sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers