Monday, March 1, 2010

Rainbow Beach,... Inskip Camping Grounds


Perfect Peace, originally uploaded by Ladymaggic.


http://www.rainbow-beach.org/

I arrived at Rainbow Beach around 6pm, and got the Camping permit from the IGA store. I drove to Inskip, a distance of about 12 kms from town along a deserted road, and as it was starting to get dark, turned into the first Camping spot. There was a tent on the left and a Caravan on the right overlooking the water, and I thought that is where I needed to be, right by the sea.

I turned right, and immediately sank into soft sand and got the wheels bogged.
A lady using a phone in a car offered to push me out, but then I saw a couple at a campfire, and asked him to help.
They dug into the harder sand, and pushed and after a few tries they pushed me out and told me to stay on the bark path. As it was now dark, I parked on the bark for the night.

The sea was just opposite and all nigth you heard the waves breaking on the shore.
At Dawn, me and the camera went walking along the beach. It was beautiful. The sand soft and the waves wonderful along my feet. I was intending a swim, but I saw the blue bottles on the beach, and walked carefully after that.

There were many bluebottles on the sand and a few huge brown jelly fish called 'snotties' by the locals.


Then the black clouds came and with it the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers