Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Maggi... using the new Fishing Rod for the first time


The new fishing rod, originally uploaded by Ladymaggic.
I have now taken up a new hobby...fishing

I was using Mike's rod but now have purchased my own rod.
Am still learning how to use it.

Two German tourists joined me, and we learnt how to throw the lures out into the water, where they got snared on the rocky ledge in front of the boat ramp. I lost 3 lures in one day.
I am using rubbery lures until I learn how to fish, as when I had bait, the little fish simply ate it all or it fell off.

The rod is rather nifty. It has a 12 lb line and many features, and cost $39.99

Last night Col showed me how to cast, so I now know how to throw a lure out correctly and hold the line for casting.

Soon I will catch my first fish by myself.

I love fishing and am learning how to fish.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers