Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dinghy Back Home






I went to town and back with Rex who lives on a catamaran in the Bay. I was living on the fishing trawler at the time. We traveled to shore via the beautiful mangroves as the tide was in when we left. When we returned the tide was going out fast like it does here.

We managed to get bogged in a sand bank. We got out of there and continued to deeper water towed by Rex, then the motor ceased, so Rex valiantly paddled back to the boat using one oar. The current helped somewhat, but it was a slow trip.

I called out to a fisherman and his son fishing in a dingy, but he was not even slightly interested in helping us.
As we neared the yacht, I called out for help as I was sure we would never make it back safely. Max, the ship-dog,  heard my call, and stood on the helm, and barked and barked. There was not much he could do, and his owner did not see us. It was quite a relief when after 45 minutes of rowing, we made it back to the yacht, then Rex had to row back to his own yacht.

It was an exciting experience, and the laptop, camera and , was glad to arrive safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers